Saturday, August 25, 2007

Disney World

As an eight year old girl, my family vacationed with another family of four. We were 4 parents and 4 children (ages, 8, 7, 5 and 4). Additionally I had the luxury of having my grandparents on this two-week vacation.

We had a blast. This was back when Disney still used the ticketing method and we had to ration out each days' ride tickets. I look back at all the photos and what a wonderful time I recall.

My grandparents loved each other and they loved us. While watching a documentary on the design and development of Walt Disney World in Florida, I was so overcome I couldn't watch it.

My grandmother loved Disney World and everything it meant. She was a kid at heart. We were hoping that after her 90th birthday next March, that we would have been able to go as a family in the summer to Disney again.

Now planning the trip seems empty and my mind won't engage on any of the details when my Dad wants to talk about it. My fairy godmother isn't here anymore.