Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Elliott

On Saturday I met a long lost relative, Elliott. I had sought him out on the Internet, based on his mother's obituary. His mother apparently was my grandmother's first cousin, someone she never knew.

Elliott's photo was online and in my eye, there was a family resemblence around the eyes. Elliott and his wife Barbara visited my house and brought photos. There is a striking resemblance between his grandfather Isidor and my great-grandfather Morris. It is here we assume they are brothers.

Their parents were Samuel and Minnie. It would appear Morris travelled here separately from his family. Isidor's son believes his father was one of nine children, and the more I search the Ancestry registries, the more I come up with.

Elliott also knew one of his great Aunts, and this is my grandmother's Aunt whom she recalled throughout her life.

It is a shame that for whatever reason the brothers didn't talk, and we never knew about large chunks of our family. With the Internet it is easier to find people. I only wish my grandmother were here to travel this ancestral discovery with me. But she left me with a bunch of names and places, and hopefully my family tree will fill out nicely.