Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our First Party

Somehow we made it through today. It was our first party since...My daughter Alison sparkled as the star of her gymnastics party for the big #6. We'd promiser her a party at a place just for #6, since all the other birthday parties were celebrated in our backyard. Not that she didn't love those, but we felt this was the year for the "outside" party. I think back and wonder if I should have done it earlier, and why I waited until #6.

I got through the day, mostly with a massive head cold, and with some tears. My best friend was there to give me lots of hugs. At some point I just had to switch off the grief, and it seemed to work. I know my mom and Aunt were feeling the loss too.

I just tucked Alison in to bed, and she sniffed in my ear. Asking her why she responded, "I miss great grandma" and we talked about how she is always in our hearts.